Monday, November 10, 2008

REMEMBERING!!!

So tomorrow is Veterans Day and I thought I would take a moment and give tribute to all the men and women who have served our country and continue to do so! I try to understand what it would be like to be shot at, or wearing a bullet proof vest with your blood type written on it, sleeping in a whole that you dug in the sand! Wondering what was going to happen next and if you are ever going to see your family again! As much as I try I will never completely understand what Zack went through! I hope that everyone will continue to support all the troops and their families! I pray for them every single day and thank my heavenly father that unlike many soliders my Zack came home to me safe! I am thankful for him and eveything that he has sacraficed for his family and country! I love and adore you Zack!!





13 comments:

Cory and Becca said...

wow..thanks for that post, all those pics and many more of our military personnel always bring a little tear to my eyes for their sacrifices (and familys) for our freedoms and luxuries.
ooooohhhhhrraaaaaaaaa!
semper fi

Allred Family said...

Well said Jules. We are so grateful to Zack and others like him that put country first. We love you guys!!

Jill Hess said...

We love you guys!! Zack is one in a million!!

Zack and Julie Martin said...

doesn't Zack look soooo tired in the pictures!?!

Contact said...

Zack you are my hero!

Amanda and Dallin said...

i'm trying to catch up on everyone's blogs. i've been out of it a while. i love all your post's, especially this one. -thx zack for everything you've done for our country :)

Jessica said...

I am sooooooo grateful for people like Zack that sacrifice their time and lives for all of us. I wish people would be more grateful ya know. And...I think people should also recognize the families of those that serve our country. It is a sacrifice for them--I am sure it was sooo hard to send Zack over there not knowing if you would ever see him again. I wish I could be brave like you Julie. Dave wants to be right there with you Zack--I am such a whimp though. Thanks to both of you!!!

Kent and Shan said...

don't forget to add us to our blog! chunlee0@hotmail.com

Brad and Marci said...

What an amazing post! All the people serving deserve our thanks but I have to thank you as well for your hard work and sacrifice I look up to you as well. What a cute family and you look as good as ever.

jellington614 said...

This post makes me a little sad!! It is hard to imagine what Zack went through especially after looking at the pictures. I am glad we got to go out and celebrate Veteran's Day with you guys...It was a lot of fun to get out with friends!!! Us old married people need to do that more often!!!

Just Josie said...

those are some cool pictures I am so glad there are people like him willing to go through all of that!

Hey I tagged you so check out my blog to see what you get to do :)

whitney holland. said...

such a sweet post! hey, we really need to get together and do lunch soon!

Bethany said...

I am awe struck by those photos! I feel so much gratitude for those who have served or are serving in our military. It is so easy to forget what our freedom costs. Tell Zack thanks for all he did and all he continues to do as an officer! And thanks to you too, for the time you sacrificed to be away from him. Love you guys!